Sunday, July 22, 2012

Quote of the Day


"The 6 P's: proper prior preparation prevents poor performance."

My dad used to always tell me this. He even wrote it on a 3x5 card once and left it on my dashboard while I was at school. Weirdo. He also used to call me some mornings when he got to work to tell me the roads were slick. It drove me crazy, but I know I will do the same to my teenage drivers. Now that I have kids, I can imagine his fear of his young inexperienced driver on cold winter mornings driving 20 minutes to high school on a windy lake road. I appreciate his lessons now and in most (not all) areas of my life, I live by the 6 p's and am hyper aware of when the roads are slick.

Love ya Daddo!

Any good lessons from your dad that you appreciate now that you're an adult?

2 comments:

Alethia said...

"just take care of Alethia, that's a big enough job" and i say it all the time to Lilly! Love the 6 P's though, great life motto.

Marion said...

"no drugs, no riding on motorbikes and no sex before marriage" Haha!! Didn't pick up many life skills from those rules :)