Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blueberry Robbcakes with Blueberry Maple Syrup



I'm overwhelmed with blueberries lately. I over-bought them at the farmers market for fear of running out mid-week of our favorite fruit to snack on. Then my daughter and I went to a U-pick farm and surprisingly picked 3lbs. So now I'm snacking, freezing and cooking my way through about 4lbs of blueberries.

I decided to whip up some blueberry pancakes this morning. I searched a few of my favorite sites and found this recipe for Whole-Grain Pancake Recipe with Blueberry Maple Syrup. I didn't have buttermilk so I couldn't make her batter so I used my basic recipe for Robbcakes and then her recipe for the Blueberry Maple Syrup. Easy breakfast that turned out great and we all gobbled them up.

Blueberry Robbcakes with Blueberry Maple Syrup

2/3 cup buckwheat pancake mix
1 egg, beaten

2 tsp canola oil
2 tsp honey
3/4 cup milk

Mix above ingredients until smooth, then also add:

1/4-1/3 cup rolled oats
1 t ground flaxseed
several handfuls of blueberries
Cook pancakes in butter, then top with Blueberry Maple Syrup.

No comments: