Monday, March 3, 2014

Two More to Try




My friend Jen told me about two more good recipes from Gwyneth's It's All Good cookbook so I tried them today. The first was the Best Green Juice which I made to go with lunch and it was quite delicious. It is something I could get used to drinking every day. For dinner I made the Braised Chicken with Green Olives and Lemon. It was really good. Jen said to serve with brown rice so you have something for the sauce. I did that and steamed broccoli and it was all so good together. I used four whole chicken legs so I doubled the sauce. Next time I will make sure they are each cut into thighs and drumsticks because I imagine it will cook better. After I took the rest of the meat off the bones, I used the bones for a small batch of chicken stock which always makes me happy. 

No comments: