Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Carrot & Halloumi Patties



Photo credit: The Spice Peddler


My friend Marion made these Carrot and Halloumi Patties for me and they were SOOOO good. Great paired with a salad. Delicious, fresh, light and flavorful. 

I used a bag of grated carrots and eyeballed the rest so my consistency was off and they didn't stick together. Next time I will follow the recipe better. They still turned out great though. 


Carrot & Halloumi Patties

4 large carrots - grated
4 spring onions (40g)
30g coriander
1 lemon
100g hallumi - grated
1 clove garlic - minced
20g red onion - minded or grated
40g rice flour (I used regular white flour)
1 egg white
2 T fennel seed
2 T olive oil

Combine all the ingredients except the fennel and olive oil. Put olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add fennel seeds and cook for 3 minutes. Add to bowl with all the other ingredients. Squeeze out all the liquid and make into little patties. Saute in a pan until golden brown on each side. 

Serve with tzatziki or any other creamy sauce.


No comments: