Friday, October 2, 2015

Feta Spinach Turkey Burgers




Got this great recipe from my friend Marion. My son and I gobbled them up. So good!

Feta Spinach Turkey Burgers

1lb ground turkey
4-6oz feta cheese
1/2 cup spinach, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/3 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
1 T garlic, minced
1 t oregano (I used fresh)
1 t basil (I used dried)
salt (little bit since feta is salty)
fresh ground pepper
olive oil

Preheat BBQ on high.

Saute onion in some olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for a few minutes. (Onion and garlic doesn't need to be fully cooked. I just do it out of habit.) Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix with your hands. Form into little patties (4 large or 5 smaller). Brush the burgers with a little olive oil.

Throw on the grill and lower heat to medium-high. Once browned with good grill marks, flip and grill on the other side. Lower temp to medium to make sure they get cooked through but don't burn.

Brush buns with butter and brown to golden on the grill or under a broiler.

Serve and enjoy!


No comments: