Monday, July 22, 2019

Salad I Miss from Home



Vif was always one of my favorite Seattle restaurants to stop in alone for a quick lunch or go with friends and sit for hours. One of their staples is the Chicory salad and it's so good. I had it Saturday in Seattle and had to have it tonight. I have to say, I nailed it. The only thing missing was their delicious crouton crumbles. Since I didn't have the croutons, I served with some light rye crackers spread with salted butter. YUM!

I took the lead from Vif and served with a 6 minute poached egg. 

Vif Chicory Salad

Mixed Chicory blend
Fennel, very thinly sliced
Parmesan shavings
Crouton crumbles (or even some toasted breadcrumbs)

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Balsamic
Olive oil
Garlic, minced and smashed into a paste with salt
Dijon
Salt & pepper

Optional
6 minute poached egg


No comments: