Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Homemade Croutons




My favorite croutons are the PCC deli croutons (Seattle grocery store). When I can't get my hands on them, I make my own because I can't find anything at the stores here that I like as much. 

Homemade Croutons

French Baguette, one or two days old and cut into big chunks
3 T olive oil
3 T butter
Garlic powder
Oregano
Salt 
Pepper

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Melt butter and oil together in a sauce pan. Add garlic powder and oregano. Stir until butter melts and then pour slowly over the bread chunks, stirring until they are all well-coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Toss and bake 10 more minutes. Test one to make sure they are crispy enough. If not, add to oven for 5-10 more minutes. 


No comments: