Monday, August 4, 2008

Hasselback Potatoes from Orangette




I came across these Hasselback Potatoes on the Orangette blog one day and thought they were so cute that I had to try them. They turned out great and really were kind of fun to serve something so different looking. I thought her wooden spoon trick was just genius. I was in an adventurous mood so I tried 6 different preparations. I think my favorite was the potato with a slice of garlic in each cut, topped with olive oil, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and herbs de provence. I think the trick is really to make sure the potatoes are a bit crispy, and cooked ALL the way. I am always in a rush to eat so my potatoes should have cooked for a few minutes longer. Very good and such a cute presentation. Will definitely make them again. Thanks Orangette!

No comments: