Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring Salad

.
Many moons ago (8 years maybe), when I was obsessed with The Pink Door, I had a fresh spring salad with shaved asparagus, delicious peas and lots of other fresh ingredients. I remember loving it but can't remember the exact ingredients or what made it so good. I've been craving it for nearly a decade so it was time to do something about it. I made this up and it was light, fresh and delicious. I served it with a fresh piece of halibut from Wilson Fish for a light and healthy dinner.


Spring Salad
In honor of The Pink Door

Butter Lettuce
Red romaine
Watercress
Asparagus*, blanched (2 minutes in boiling water, then rinsed with cold water and straight to an ice bath)
English peas, shelled, served raw
Ricotta salata, shaved thin with a peeler
Fresh toasted breadcrumbs (toast a few slices of a baguette, brush with olive oil and break up in our hands)
Dressing from Simple But Delicious Salad

Toss together and serve.

* I do believe the asparagus at The Pink Door was raw and shaved so I am going to try that next time.
.

No comments: