Friday, August 3, 2012

Panini Perfection



Last night we had my parents over for dinner so I decided to try the Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Sandwich. One word - DELICIOUS!

Instead of the green goddess pesto on the recipe though, I used Ina's recipe for Green Goddess Dressing because I can't get enough of it (using half the mayo, sour cream and anchovy). It makes so much that you have enough for salads and sandwiches. I used a loaf of Grand Central Bakery's Piccolo Como which I love for sandwiches, panini and toast. It's crunchy on the outside and perfection on the inside. I skipped the avocado but layered heavy on the sauce, mozzarella, spinach and goat cheese. Instead of cooking them in a grill pan I used a panini press. I brushed it with some olive oil and then warmed these sandwiches to golden perfection, oozing with melted cheese. I cut into triangles and before I had the full dinner served the panini platter was empty.

I served with Operation Pantry Cleanout Minestrone and Grilled Zucchini. A perfect dinner.

No comments: