Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chickpeas in Star Anise and Date Masala






Every few months I host an Indian potluck with 3 or 4 friends. Everyone prepares a different dish and we have the most delicious feast. We always have lots of basmati rice and my friend Marion taught us how to plate the rice in a cross formation to separate all the curries and sauces from running together. Genius. She also usually brings homemade naan which is yummy and helps soak up all the sauces. It is such a fun dinner party and so many great new recipes are introduced. I highly recommend it with friends who love to cook and experiment.

For one of the potlucks I made Chickpeas in Star Anise and Date Masala recommended by my sister and adapted from a Vij's cookbook. It was a great dish and a fun way to mix it up. Great flavors and a good snack in the fridge for days. I will definitely make this dish again.

No comments: