Sunday, November 8, 2020

Zucchini Boat Pizzas


My friend Anne posted these on her Instagram account and I was so curious if they were good that I was making them within days. And they were good! So good I made it again the next night too, which says a lot because I'm usually not one to go with the healthier option. I definitely liked the version with turkey pepperoni, which I made 3 days in a row, but you could do any topping combo you like. 

And no, my kids did not eat these but I have faith that one day they will try a zucchini. 


Zucchini Pizzas


Zucchini

Pizza sauce (I’m loving Rao's brand pizza sauce)

Mozzarella cheese

Parmesan cheese

Turkey pepperoni 

 

Preheat oven to 425. Cut zucchini in half the long way and cut or spoon out a little of the inside to make a boat. Place on a wire rack on a cookie sheet. Rub with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for ten minutes. Flip and roast for 10 more. 

 

Remove from oven and reduce heat to 400. Spoon pizza sauce over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and some fresh grated parmesan. Top with turkey pepperoni or any toppings you like. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or so. Watch and determine when the cheese is to your liking. 

 

Pour a glass of wine and enjoy! Biden Harris 2020 Woo Hoo!



No comments: