Thursday, September 8, 2022

Perfect Weeknight Dinner

Photo courtesy of Epicurious


I love a good fattoush salad and crave it every year when it's tomato season. Tonight I finally made it happen. I love this recipe because you can prep/chop all the ingredients and extra dressing and then you can whip together a fattoush salad for lunch or dinner very quickly for the rest of the week. I served this with chicken paillard and grilled asparagus for dinner. Perfection!


Fattoush Salad

 

Romaine

Persian cucumbers, peeled and seeded

Tomatoes

Radish

Green onion, green parts

Parsley

Mint

Pita or naan (I use naan), brushed with olive oil and toasted or broiled until crisp

 

Dressing (from Epicurious.com)

 

4 t ground sumac, soaked in 4 t warm water for 15 minutes

3 T lemon juice

2 T pomegranate molasses

2 garlic cloves, minced and smashed into a paste

2 t white wine vinegar

Fresh mint, minced

1/3-1/2 cup olive oil

Kosher salt

Pepper

 

 

 

 

No comments: