Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Doug's Caesar Perfection

 



My friend Doug made a simple and perfect caesar recently. The best part was the introduction to croissant toast croutons. They were amazing and easy because you don't have to do anything to then except cube and toast, toss and toast, until golden.

Doug's Caesar Dressing

3 large garlic cloves
salt
pepper
1T mayo (I use veganaise)
1T Dijon
1T white wine vinegar
1T lemon juice
shaved parmesan
1t Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup olive oil (I used 1/3 cup because I like more of a punch)

* I added a teaspoon of rinsed capers out of habit. Nice add but not necessary.

In a food processor, blitz garlic with salt and pepper. Then add mayo, dijon, vinegar, lemon juice, parmesan, worcestershire sauce and blitz again. With it running, drizzle olive oil slowly to emulsify. 

Toss with romaine, fresh grated parm, and croissant toast croutons.


No comments: