Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Morning Brunch

One of my all-time favorite brunch dishes is the oeufs plats at Le Pichet in Seattle. A friend and Over Cocktails reader, Michelle, sent me this family recipe which reminded me of the oeufs plats dish so I had to try it. I whipped it up this morning for our Sunday brunch and we all loved it.

This recipe is for one individual ramekin dish...

1-2 slices of canadian bacon cut into smaller pieces (I used prosciutto because they didn't have canadian bacon and it was great too. I removed the excess fat, then layered a few small pieces on the bottom of the ramekin.)
2-3 slices of roma tomato (I skipped the tomato because hubby no likey tomatie)
2 eggs (not beaten, just cracked)
Little bit of fresh thyme
salt/pepper
2 T heavy cream
Parmesan

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Layer these ingredients starting with canadian bacon on the bottom, then tomato, eggs, thyme, etc. so the top will be the parmesan. Bake 12 minutes for runny eggs, 15 for cooked through.
Before...
And after...

P.S. I have to be honest and say that I messed up the recipe and didn't see that it was for one ramekin so I made each with one egg and one tablespoon cream, instead of two. That explains why they look over-cooked... because they were. They were still so good though that I can't wait for tomorrow so I can make them properly.

No comments: