Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Calling All Moms & Cooks

When I'm not up for trying a new recipe or cooking something that involves a decent amount of time, I tend to cycle through the same easy dinners - beef tacos, chicken fajitas, Ina's Mexican soup, my chicken rice and a few other staples. I am looking for some new ones to add to the revolving door. Please email me or post a comment with your favorite go-to dinners that are quick, easy and tasty. They don't have to be your favorite meals, just your favorite quick and easy meals. I know I would love to try them and share them with my friends and other bloggers who are looking for mixing it up a bit too. Here is one of my faves in this category. It's so fast - you don't even chop one thing!

Chicken in Wine Sauce
Paula Deen’s Savannah Country Cookbook

4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
6 ounces Swiss cheese slices
One 10 ¾ ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
¼ cup white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup herb-flavored Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, crushed
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Place chicken in shallow buttered casserole dish. Layer cheese on top. Mix soup, wine, salt, and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake 45-60 minutes.

CMT comments: I only use three chicken breasts but use the same amount of ingredients for the sauce. It takes less time to cook since there are only three pieces. I sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper before covering with cheese. I use 2-4 cups stuffing and don’t crush it that much. I use Jarlsberg cheese and 1/2 cup wine. I serve this with a veggie or salad and voila, you have yourself a pretty great dinner with VERY little work.

1 comment:

Ali Scheff said...

Hi Colleen
One of my all-time favorite super-easy dinners is this one: http://eating-seattle.blogspot.com/2007/11/eating-in-tarragon-roasted-chicken-with.html

The tarragon chicken (which we were calling Bernaise chicken since it has similar flavors) was easier than anything else ever. And the gratin is just so damn pretty! we made that last year for Halloween.


OH! and with Thanksgiving coming up, this turkey stock recipe (which requires about 5 seconds of non work) is a great one to try too!
http://eating-seattle.blogspot.com/2007/11/good-read-ruhlman-on-how-to-make-turkey.html