Thursday, October 9, 2008

"A Glass of Fresh"

.
I was at a boot camp workout this morning and we were talking about all these healthy drinks and smoothies. I was reminded of this one from Dr. Oz that he shared on an episode of Oprah a million years ago. Funny enough I had everything in the fridge to make it so I whipped it up and voila, my own "glass of fresh".

.
Green Drink
Dr. Oz

2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber
1 head of celery
1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
1 bunch parsley
2 apples
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Put cucumbers in blender to get some liquid, then slowly add the rest of the ingredients (all chopped into small chunks). After everything is combined in a blender, this recipe makes 28 to 30 ounces—about three to four servings.
.
I thought it was okay, not particularly good, not unbearable. I had more than I could drink so I thought I would try to force it on my daughter. Well no forcing required. She LOVED it! She asked for "moe, peees" several times. I could not believe my eyes watching her gobble it up. What a great way to load your kid up with all those nutrients!
.

No comments: