2 T olive oil
4-6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or minced
1/8 t red chili peppers
1/4 cup capers
1/2 t anchovy paste
1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
1 large can whole peeled tomatoes in juice
2-3 T parsley, chopped
1/2 or 3/4 box of spaghetti noodles
1/4 c freshly grated parmesan
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for several minutes, making sure not to burn. Add red chili peppers and saute for another minute.
- Add capers, kalamata olives and anchovy paste. Stir to combine.
- Crush tomatoes with your hand to break down large chunks. Pour tomatoes and juice into pan, turn heat up to high and bring sauce almost to a boil, stirring a few times.
- Reduce heat, stir in parsley and let sauce simmer to thicken.
- Add salt to the boiling water and cook spaghetti noodles until almost done. Drain and toss noodles with the sauce, a little at a time so you can control for the level of sauce that you like.
- Transfer to bowls and sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan.
Slice a baguette on the diagonal into ½ inch slices. Brush with olive oil and place on a cookie sheet. Broil for one minute. Flip if the underside needs a little toasting too. Remove and rub the top of the toasts with the cut edge of a garlic clove.