Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Gift Idea #3


As I said in one of my very first posts, I can't live without my "peppercorn" grinder. It's actually a coffee bean grinder that I use to make freshly ground black pepper. I grind a huge amount every few weeks and then have it next to the stove while I cook. It's so much easier than having to grind pepper by hand for every recipe.
I also love my swivel top marble box with two sections - one side for the pepper I grind and one side for kosher salt. I have a black marble one but they also come in white marble (carrera) or this honed marble version. Call Mr. J's (425-455-2270) if you can't locate the one you want online.So for the chef in your life, buy the Cuisinart Grind Central Coffee Grinder and this marble salt & pepper box. Then buy a jar of whole black peppercorns as a stocking stuffer! You can get those at the grocery store or get a fancy jar from William Sonoma. Or do as I do and buy them in the bulk foods section and store in an air-tight glass container (they are cheaper if you buy them that way). I bought this little trio for my brother's birthday last year and it was a hit!

No comments: