Friday, December 26, 2008

Gift of The Year Award


As long as I'm talking about favorite gifts, I should mention my daughter's favorite gift this year. No, it wasn't the kitchen set from Santa, the tea set or mini trike from her grandparents, or the books from her cousin. It was the over-sized box, turned upside down with a door and windows cut into it. She played in her little cardboard house with her teddy bears and dolls ALL day yesterday and is back at it again.
.
My mom and dad suggested making the house when we were taking the kitchen set out of the boxes. They remembered making box houses for me each time we got a new appliance and that I loved playing in them.
.
We were also really into making forts when I was little so I look forward to doing that one day with my little one. We didn't just make a simple fort though, we'd take over the entire basement with a sprawling home fort - complete with halls and separate rooms for each person. Something fun to do with your kids on a rainy afternoon. It could keep them busy for hours!
.

No comments: