Monday, December 15, 2008

Quick & Tasty Lunch


I hosted a brunch yesterday and spent all last week mulling over menu ideas. I reached out to friends to gather ideas. My friend Jen who loves to talk about food as much as I do sent me quite a few great ideas. One of the things on her list was a recipe for Country Ham-and-Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches with Fig Jam and Heirloom Grits from Bon Appetite. I didn't end up making it for my party but I did do a quick version of it for lunch on Saturday for my hubby and me.

I bought four biscuits in the bakery section at Whole Foods. I buttered each half and topped one side with prosciutto and the other side with Dalmatia Fig Spread, then topped with slices of plain old cheddar cheese. Threw it under the broiler for a few minutes (oven rack in the middle of the oven, not up high) until the cheese was melted and the buns were warmed. Put halves together for little buttery biscuits of heaven. I loved the combination of all the flavors and it took less than 10 minutes to make. This is a keeper for sure. (Thanks Jen!!!! You're the best!)
.
And if you don't already own this fig spread I highly recommend buying some. I use it a lot when I do cheese plates and I eat it on toast with butter or tahini. It is delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oohhh....Spencer loves grits so I will have to give this a try!