Thursday, February 26, 2009

Easy Dessert Fix


My friend Lynne came over for dinner tonight and after pasta, bread, broccoli and salad we both needed something sweet. Problem was I didn't have anything in the house. I can't really keep cookies or chocolate around because I eat it compulsively. So, what to do? I scoured the pantry and fridge and realized I had nothing. I did have a little vanilla ice cream and that is a good starting point if we could only get creative. We realized with a little milk and some frozen strawberries we could have ourselves a strawberry milkshake. A nice tall glass of heaven in no time. Easy as 1-2-3....

1. Combine 8 frozen strawberries with 1 cup of milk in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
2. Add 1 cup of vanilla ice cream (I love Ben & Jerry's Organic Vanilla) and replace lid. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour into glass and serve with a straw.
.
And speaking of compulsive behavior, I'm sure I'll be making one of these again tomorrow and the next day, and the next day. A good dessert fix with things you probably have in the fridge and freezer. Enjoy!

No comments: