Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Craving This for Dinner, Must Eat ASAP

For some reason I always think of this recipe for Sausage Carbonara as a spring or summer pasta (even though that makes no sense), but I'm craving it like crazy lately so it's on the meal planner for this week. It's a great recipe that my mother-in-law introduced me to and one that we eat regularly (although more often in the summer).

I skip the pancetta because I have never been the biggest fan, and I don't think it needs it. I do a bit of extra seasoning too, and extra garlic (as always). I like to use 2 links of regular Italian sausage and 2 links of hot Italian sausage. It is so good. Serve with some garlic crostinis and a green veggie. Perfect easy dinner.

Crostinis

Slice a baguette on the diagonal into ½ inch slices. Brush with olive oil and place on a cookie sheet. Broil for one minute if you have the oven rack on the top shelf or longer if it's in the middle. You want to broil until they are starting to lightly brown. Be careful not to burn. Flip and broil the other side if it needs a little toasting too. Remove and rub the oiled side with the cut edge of a garlic clove.

No comments: