Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patty's Day Dinners


photo courtesy of Food on the Food


I'm hosting a St. Patrick's "Eve" dinner tomorrow night for some girlfriends and serving corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and sauerkraut. I did it last year and everyone had fun and enjoyed the food so I decided to do it again.

Whole Foods sells a delicious corned beef (on sale today for $4.99/lb) that I will cook for several hours tomorrow. At some point you add carrots, potatoes and cabbage. I am also going to make Ina's sauteed cabbage so we can test which way we like the cabbage better. I love cooking one thing two ways so you can run a taste test. I think I may have cooked the corned beef in beer last year so I will have to do a little research tonight.

I got extra meat and all the fixings so I could make these delicious Reubens with leftovers on St. Patrick's Day. My mouth is watering already. My husband is going to love coming home to these after a long day of work.

No comments: