Saturday, April 11, 2009

My McMuffins


I really can't discuss good food items without having to track it down or fix it within days, if not hours. (I'm like this even when I'm not pregnant!) At a children's play group on Friday my friends and I were talking about fried egg sandwiches and homemade egg mc-muffins so no surprise that I ran to the store last night for all the ingredients and made them this morning. Homemade ones are so quick and easy.

What you need:

English muffins, toasted
Eggs, cooked over-medium or fried
Canadian bacon, warmed
Cheddar cheese, melted

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the sliced canadian bacon on a cookie sheet and top with cheddar cheese slices. Throw the cookie sheet in the oven while you cook the eggs and toast the muffins. Everything is ready to assemble within minutes. I like to put mustard and mayo on mine. I know that may seem weird to some people, but once you try it it's hard to eat it any other way.

No comments: