Monday, May 18, 2009

Another Farmers Market Dinner


On Sunday I took my daughter and parents to the Ballard Farmers Market in Seattle. It was an amazing Seattle day and the streets were packed. We had a great time checking out all the amazing food from local farmers and culinary masters. My daughter loved all the live music and of course, all of the doggies. I couldn't stop buying food and can't wait for this week's meals. We kicked it off last night with a feast - main course, veggie, salad and dessert all from the market....

Ultra-fresh King Salmon
As they say on the blog, "This fish was swimming on Saturday" and I bought it Sunday. You can't get it any fresher than that. We cooked it on the grill with a very simple salmon recipe using olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary (from my new herb garden), lemon, wine and capers. It was super easy, light and flavorful.

Asparagus
Tossed with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, then grilled. Asparagus season will be over before I ever get sick of it prepared that way.

Romaine
I bought the most beautiful head of romaine lettuce. It was monstrous in size. I can hardly believe it wasn't grown with pesticides... or steroids! I used the Simple But Delicious recipe. (I'm on one of my kicks).
.
Mini Cherry Pies
Warmed in the oven, then topped with vanilla ice cream
.
What's in store for the rest of the week? More asparagus and romaine, butter lettuce, organic chicken breasts, Pink Lady apples, specialty cheeses, cherry pies, fresh spinach and Yukon Gold potatoes.

No comments: