Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Choosing the Right Cooking Oil


I always cook and saute food with olive oil and/or butter depending on the item but I know there are better oils to use depending on what or how you're cooking (high heat for example). I came across a great pamphlet at my local PCC called Choosing the Right Cooking Oil and thought the cooking oil chart (bottom of page) was quite helpful. The chart provides a few great options for cooking with high heat that have mild or neutral taste. I'm always wary of certain oils for fear that their flavor will affect what I'm cooking but now I'll know what to use. Great resource if you're like me and always opt for olive oil.

I came across the article What Is the Safest & Healthiest Cooking Oil? while looking for a photo. It is also interesting and helpful. For example, I did not know that canola oil is one of the safest and healthiest options.

No comments: