Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Guilty

.
Photo courtesy of World of Work

I'm totally guilty of talking on the phone (a lot) while driving. It's the easiest way for me to catch up on phone calls because I don't have a screaming toddler wanting my attention. I don't text while driving so I always thought I was being careful enough.

Well I just read the article "Drivers and Legislators Dismiss Cellphone Risks" from Sunday's New York Times front page and found it to be quite interesting and persuasive about the dangers of talking on the phone. Scary how quickly an accident, even a fatal one, can happen when you're talking on the phone. I would have thought that dialing was the dangerous part but it sounds like the content of the call is equally distracting.

Also interesting is that they say hands-free devices aren't any safer!

If you're like me and talk on the phone a lot while driving (or if you text, email, play games, etc), this is a good article to read and possible persuade you to change your behavior. I know I need to make some changes in mine.

No comments: