Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Favorite Salad


One of my most favorite salads is the Barefoot Contessa's Bibb Salad with Basil Green Goddess Dressing. It is fabulous this time of year when you can get most of the ingredients fresh at the farmers market.

I used butter lettuce from the market instead of bibb lettuce. I also got my basil, green onion, tomatoes, and garlic from the market. I also had cucmber and carrots from the market so I used those as well (I like shredded carrots in salads because you don't get a huge bite of carrot but you do get a little flavor and more nutrients).

The recipe makes a huge amount of dressing so it's perfect to make when entertaining a large group or you can just have leftovers for days. I will be eating this salad until every last drop of dressing is gone. Makes a great little veggie dip too!

No comments: