Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Girl's Best Friend

.
Photo courtesy of Tiffany & Co.


I'm terrible when it comes to cleaning my engagement and wedding ring. I'm lucky if I clean them twice a year so who I am to be blogging about this topic?! I couldn't resist though and thought I would share a few great tricks to keep those diamonds sparkling clean:

1) Invest in a jewelry cleaner like this one on sale from Frontgate: Small Digital Ultrasonic CD and Jewelry Cleaner. Drop your ring in for a few minutes and it's ready to go.

2) A toothbrush is a lot cheaper than a jewelry cleaner and does a great job. Just make sure you close your sink drain so it doesn't go bye-bye if you drop it.

3) A jeweler told us this trick... If you own an espresso machine you can use the milk steamer to clean your ring. Use some tongs to hold your ring and turn it under the hot steam. Works like a charm.

4) My sister-in-law told me this trick... Drop your ring in a container of jewelry polish every night when you go to bed. In the morning, put it on after you've gotten ready for the day so that your moisturizers, lotions, and hair products don't leave a residue.

No comments: