Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Perfect Farmers Market Meal


Back in January I posted about Martha's Posole with Garnishes recipe that my husband and I love. I've been waiting for tomatillos to show up at the market and today was my lucky day. We will be eating this hearty soup for dinner and leftovers this week.
.
This is the perfect farmers market meal because you can get almost all the ingredients from the market right now including onion, garlic, Swiss chard, jalapeno, scallions, cilantro and radish. I also add chicken to my posole which I got at the market, and I use pre-made chicken stock that was also made from ingredients purchased at the market.
.
Now I'm off to fill in my meal planner and see what I might need from the grocery store to fill in gaps from my market purchases.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hey Colleen, I don't know if you read comments on old posts but I wanted to let you know that I tried the Posole. It was really good! My husband is Hispanic and said it tastes more like Tortilla Soup but he loved it anyway. I liked it so much I blogged about it. Thanks for another great recipe!

http://itsallabouto.blogspot.com/2009/08/posole-with-garnishes.html