Thursday, September 3, 2009

Baby Names

.

My friend Whitney introduced me to the best baby name book called The Baby Name Wizard: A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby. I love the way it's set up. Along with each name it gives the popularity, style, variations, sister's names, brother's names and a little history or blurb on the name. I love that they list sibling's names and think they do a darn good job. For example, my daughter's name is Cecile. Had she been a boy, she would have been named Frederick. When you look up Cecile in the book, it lists Frederick as a brother.

It also provides great lists of names. It's surprising to me how much they can nail the style of names a person might like. On the list titled
"Ladies & Gentleman" it literally has every name I would consider for baby #2.... August, Conrad, Edmund, Edward, Edwin, Ernest, Francis, Frederick, George, Harold, Herman, Hugh, Theodore. The Baby Name Wizard clearly has me pegged.

You can also check out the Baby Name Wizard website for more fun baby name tools.

1 comment:

michele c. said...

I think you should choose "Conrad" :0 We have always liked that name!