Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crazy for de Gournay


I have been obsessed with de Gournay hand painted wallpaper for years and it was a dream of mine to one day have it in my home. When I moved into my home five years ago, my wish came true with some beautiful panels for my dining room from their Chinoiserie collection. The hand-painted silk is stunning.
.
My dear friend and old boss Maria, the creative director at Anthousa, partnered with the London-based company to create a fragrance and packaging. The packaging is so fabulous that I wouldn't even want to open the box, but you have to because the bottle and the scent are just as amazing.

If you're in need of a stunning gift, and something every woman would love to have but may not buy for herself, buy this! The recipient will swoon over it, I promise! Available at Neiman Marcus, Barneys, numerous online retailers and direct from Anthousa.

De Gournay Jardinieres & Citrus Trees...
.
Refresh with a blend of earthy and citrus scents.This delicately sprawling patter inspired a blend of top notes of Italian mandarin, Sicilian Tangerine and Valencia Orange with subtle hints of mountain fir, petit grain, peppermint and lemon leaves. Finally grounded with dry notes of Cedarwood, woodland moss and white musk, the result is an earthy and graceful spicy citrus blend.
.
Founded in 1986, de Gournay of London resurrected the nearly abandoned craft of hand painted wallpaper by forging a creative alliance with distinguished artists in China. Touched by the elegance of one particular piece of original art, Jardinieres and Citrus Trees, the Anthousa Collection has created this Limited Edition signature fragrance.

No comments: