Sunday, September 20, 2009

Farmers Market Visit & Weekly Meal Planner


I just got back from the farmers market and I'm happy to say I made it there and back without going into labor. Every time I leave the house now I wonder if today is the day, and pushing around a jogging stroller that's spillng over with food, by myself at the market, is not the ideal way to go. I was happy to make it home.
.
I unloaded my bags to see what I could put together for the week's meals. My pal at Wilson Fish gave me a good recipe for the halibut (grilled and basted with tarragon lime butter). I have to try my friend Amy's farro recipe and I'm craving my friend Lynne's heirloom tomato pasta. All those plus my favorite burritos and we've got the week's dinners down. Let's hope I can get through all this food before it's baby-time. (My due date is the 25th so we shall see.)

Dinners

Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks

Dessert

  • Whidbey Island Ice Cream Bars (vanilla dipped in chocolate)
  • Peaches and ice cream

1 comment:

michele said...

interested in how you like the new halibut recipe. is it simple, butter, tarragon, lime, s/p heated on the stove and then poured over once it's grilled? let me know! :)