Sunday, October 11, 2009

Farmers Market Goods & Meal Plan for the Week

I was able to escape to the farmers market today ... KIDLESS! I grabbed tons of good stuff and just finished planning my meals for the week. Here's what's on the menu...

Sunday
Halibut with Pesto, Arugula Salad, Roasted Fennel with Parmesan

Monday
Fettuccine with Heirloom Tomatoes, Basil and Feta (couldn't get the River Valley Ranch feta so using goat cheese which it turns out is equally as good), Baguette Crostinis, Sauteed Rainbow Chard, Salad

Tuesday
Chicken with Mustard & Tarragon Cream Sauce (new recipe), White Rice, Roasted Carrots

Wednesday
Eating out

Thursday
Avgolemono Soup, Greek Plate (Hummus from Vios, Feta, Greek Olives, Pita), Broccoli

Friday
Eating out

Lunches, Sides, Extra
Honeycrisp apples (my favorite), pairs, Asian pears, pluots, juice, kombucha, salad, veggie soup, Whidbey Island ice cream bars

4 comments:

e.e. said...

your menus are always so inspiring to me as i plan my meals for the week. thank you so much for always posting them!

Anonymous said...

I made the Heirloom tomato fettucini last night and it was a huge hit!!!! I love the meal plan for the week it really helps me out too!
Rose Anderson

Anonymous said...

How was the Chicken with Mustard and Tarragon? I am going to try it this week!
Rose

Colleen Terpening said...

I never got to make the chicken with mustard and tarragon because our oven was broken all week so my entire menu plan was a bust. Hopefully I can try that recipe soon. Let me know if you make it and like it!