Friday, October 2, 2009

Hospital Treats


My mother-in-law showed up at the hospital with a plate of freshly baked cookies. I couldn't have imagined anything better at that moment and inhaled four on the spot. These cookies were so good and according to my mother-in-law, some of the easiest cookies you'll ever bake. They are called Anzac Biscuits, but I am going to rename them "Georgies" since they will forever remind me of that first morning in the hospital with my baby boy.

Georgies

1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup coconut
2 sticks of butter
6 T golden syrup (she used dark corn syrup because that's what she had on hand)
1 t baking soda, dissolve in 2T boiling water

Preheat oven to 370. Melt butter, then add syrup, then soda mixture, then dry ingredients. Drop spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes.

* Keep a watchful eye since every oven is different. My mother-in law cooks hers at 350 for 7-10 minutes.

No comments: