Thursday, December 31, 2009

Helper's High

.
I just came across The New York Time's article, In a Month of Giving, a Healthy Reward, by way of the Mixed Greens blog. It's a quick read and leaves you feeling inspired to do more for others.

I can truly relate to the "helper's high" they reference in the article because I was giddy for days thinking about all the gifts my friends so generously bought for a family in need. I thought about the family all day on Christmas, knowing that it was a magical morning for those kids. Ah.... helper's high.

I took a quick gander at the 29 Gifts website and think I might jump on board, starting tomorrow. You should too. Come on! It's a great way to start off the new year, get away from your own life or problems for a few minutes (or hours), and just think... helper's high!

Happy Happy Healthy New Year!

No comments: