Friday, May 14, 2010

Food Coma



Well we've been here for roughly 24 hours and have already conquered three impressive meals. Dinner at Lucques last night was out of this world. I think it's safe to say I had the best fish I've ever had in my life. I begged my husband to go back tomorrow night but he's not crazy like me and said no way. This morning, we woke, hung over, and went straight to La Abeja for some life-changing huevos rancheros. My God they were good. The owner said we're the third couple to come in from Seattle. WHAT? Is someone beating us to the Saveur Tour? As ridiculous as it sounds, we drove straight from La Abeja to Los Cinco Puntos for some carnitas tacos. The deal was we'd split one. The man asked us what toppings we wanted and we told him to make it exactly how he would eat it. So there it was, piled high with seasoned pork, cactus (huh?), guac and HOT! sauce. We had to force ourselves to stop after 2 bites each, knowing we would end up in a food coma if we ate any more. Now a few hours of downtime before we strap on our cha cha shoes and head out for dinner at Osteria Mozza.
.

1 comment:

Lynne Shutt said...

oh my god, those tacos look amazing.