Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Favorite Children's Books

.

.
I decided to do a post on some of my favorite children's books. My list is long but includes our rotation of favorites. I also asked two friends who share my love of children's books to hand over a list of their faves. Please share your favorites too!

Yours Truly (I got a little carried away)

1. Ladybug Girl
2. Who is Driving?
3. Jazz Baby
4. Is There Really a Human Race
5. My Friends
6. A Color of His Own
7. Slinky Malinki
8. Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile
9. The House on East 88th Street
10. One Day
11. The Incredible Book Eating Boy
12. Pinkalicious
13. Poodlena
14. I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean
15. How to Catch a Star
16. Iggy Peck, Architect
17. The Paper Bag Princess
18. Lost & Found
19. The Little Train
20. Madeline
21. Olivia and The Missing Toy
22. Slow Loris

Clare

1. Miss Rumphius (Barbara Cooney)
2. Paper Bag Princess (Robert Munsch)
3. Incredible Book Eating Boy (Oliver Jeffers)
4. The Cat at Night (Ipcar)
5. A Penguin Story (Portis)
6. Swimmy (Leo Leoni)
7. A House is a House For Me (Hoberman)
8. Little Red (Roberts)


Amy

1. The Big Orange Splot
2. Bread and Jam for Frances
3. Cars and Trucks and Things that Go
4. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
5. Is There Really a Human Race?
6. Hush Little Digger
7. The Way Back Home
8. Iggy Peck Architect
9. How I Became a Pirate
10. Pirates Don't Change Diapers is equally as good, too.
11. Trucks, Planes, Trains, Airports (all the Byron Barton books)
.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

The Giant Jam Sandwich
We're going on a Bear Hunt
The Gruffalo
Charlie and Lola series of books (by Lauren Childs)
The Lighthousekeepers lunch
Pugwash and the Buried Treasure
Animalia
Olivia

I really enjoy reading your blog, although I've never commented before. These are a few of the favorites in my house with my son (4) and daughter (2)