Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cheese Lovers Unite

.

The American Cheese Society held it's 2010 Awards Ceremony and Festival of Cheese in Seattle's Benaroya Hall this past weekend. I was a bit crushed to miss Cheese-a-Topia but got to live vicariously through my friend Jen who was there, in the flesh, surrounded by 1,400 different types of cheese, and more importantly in the presence of "the big cheese" (in my mind) Michael Pollan who was the guest speaker. She texted me a photo and shared her awards pamphlet with me so I thought I'd share the Best of Show winners with you all. You can also visit the website for a complete list of winners in all categories.


1st
Uplands Cheese Co., WI
Extra Aged Pleasant Ridge Reserve

2nd
Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery, VT
Bonne Bouche

3rd
Farms For City Kids Fountain, VT
Spring Brook Farm Tarentaise

No comments: