What better thing to serve your man and his buddies the next time they're watching football than this Mexican Casserole. It's basically a kick-ass seven layer dip. Thanks to my sister-in-law for sharing the recipe almost a decade ago. It's always a hit.
1 bottle mild taco sauce
1 can refried beans
1 pkg Schilling taco seasoning
1 lb ground beef
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. shredded jack cheese
1 onion sliced
½-1 container sour cream
For serving: Tostidos brand SCOOPS tortilla chips
1. Brown beef with taco seasoning and onion, add ¾ c. water, mix well.
2. In a deep casserole dish, spread refried beans on bottom.
3. Top with cooked beef and onions.
4. Pour bottle of taco sauce.
5. Add sour cream.
6. Sprinkle both cheeses on top.
7. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with a big bowl of chips and cold brewski.* You can also add small can of jalapenos to make it a little bit spicy.