Tuesday, November 2, 2010

For the Love of Chinoiserie


I'm obsessed with Chinoiserie style decor, in the form of wallpaper, fabrics, furniture, accents and more. So, when my friend Jennie sent the Chinoiserie Chic blog my way, I knew I was in trouble. Total time suck, but how can I resist? This blog shares photos of some of the most amazing rooms. Coincidentally, so many of the photos are tear sheets I've pulled from magazines over the years as inspiration for my home. These are just a few of my favorites from her amazing collection of photos. I couldn't have dreamt up a better blog for me. A new favorite to add to the list.

.











4 comments:

Beth Connolly said...

Thanks for the mention of Chinoiserie Chic. Great blog name BTW.

Heidi said...

I love that blog too - I found it when googling for images of the fabric I'm using in my bedroom - Schumacher's Chenonceau.

In fact, I think I followed through to your blog from a birthday party or shower of yours that was on a party blog a year or so ago when I saw the image of some chinoiserie panels in the background of your home (they looked like de Gournay to me?)

Colleen Terpening said...

Yes, de Gournay. I couldn't afford to do the whole room so we did panels. Plus, when we move one day we can take them with us. They are like artwork instead of wallpaper. :)

Heidi said...

That's such a clever idea! I have wanted a de Gournay room for the longest time. I may have to borrow your idea instead.