Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Get Well Soup

.
I've been sick for days. Like really sick for too many days. My friend Whitney brought me some Ed Fretwell Soup from Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life cookbook. It was deeeeeeeeeeeeee-licious. It's kind of your basic hearty veggie/bean soup but there was something a little different about it. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it just tasted better than others because someone brought it to me when I was sick, and I was so touched. Maybe it was the glug of olive oil she instructed me to pour on top along with salt, pepper and parmesan. Whatever it was, it was delicious and a soup now added to my MAKE list.

The recipe, available here on her blog, is a little different than the one in her book. Whitney made the version from the book, so I recommend that one. But if you don't have the book, by all means, give the online version a go.

(Thanks again Whit! I loved it!)
.

No comments: