Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday BBQ


Photo credit: Party Perfect

I know it's not BBQ weather here in Seattle but I spent most of last summer without a BBQ so the minute spring arrived (based on the calendar and clearly not the weather) I was ready to grill. We celebrated my husband's birthday Monday night and he requested barbecued flank steak and butter rice. My friend Marly tried a recipe for Beer-Marinated Flank Steak with Aji and Guacamole awhile back that got rave reviews from her guests so I decided to try it. She served the flank steak with roasted potatoes and everyone loved dipping them in the Aji Sauce. I smothered the Aji Sauce all over my chicken skewers and butter rice. Moral of the story... don't skip the sauce! It's delicious! 

This is a really easy menu to prep and if you have your act together (unlike me) you can have everything done ahead of time and just fire up the grill when the guests arrive.


Birthday BBQ Menu 






Green Salad



No comments: