Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gwyneth Week, Dinner #5: Fried Zucchini Spaghetti

.
Tonight I made the recipe for Fried Zucchini Spaghetti from Gwyneth's cookbook and was pleasantly surprised. I was hoping to make another recipe but couldn't get my hands on fresh arugula so this recipe was plan B and I was much less excited about it. I didn't expect it to be that good, and was a little annoyed with the process of frying all the zucchini, but it was well worth it in the end. It was delicious and way more flavorful that I was expecting. Definitely worth the extra few minutes of clean up.

I served it with Spanish-Style Toast with Tomato and buttered broccoli. Delicious and easy. 

Is anyone cooking from My Father's Daughter? If so, please share what you're making and what you're thinking. I'd love to hear what other recipes are worth trying. I do have to say I'm impressed with everything so far, so thank you Gwyneth and thank you Jennie! 
.

1 comment:

I'm Cassie.... said...

I preordered her book and read it through the first weekend I had it. So far I've only cooked a few things from it, but both turned out great! It's kind of funny because we've tried some of the same things- I've already made chicken milanese a couple times(which I thought was really delicious for being SOO easy!) and I made the stir fried chicken which my whole family gobbled up. My friend made GP's Dad's pancakes and said they were delicious,but I haven't made them yet.