Monday, May 16, 2011

Chicken Milanese Becomes Chicken Parmesan

.
If you're trying to figure out what to cook this week - give this little chicken duo a shot...

Last week I was craving Gwyneth's Chicken Milanese. I bought four small chicken breasts which made enough for an army. I pan fried all the chicken as directed. I used half of the chicken for dinner, serving it with a sprinkle of lemon, roasted asparagus and a quick arugula salad. A light and delicious dinner.

The next night, in an attempt to change it up, I used the rest of the chicken to make the world's easiest and fastest chicken parmesan. I put the cooked chicken in a single layer in a large lasagna dish, covered it with with some Bionaturae Organic Strained Tomatoes, and topped that with pre-grated mozzarella cheese. I threw it in the oven for 20 minutes and voila, chicken parmesan.

Serve with a mixed green salad and garlic bread and you have a completely different dinner using the previous night's main course leftovers. It's not going to be the best chicken parmesan you've ever had, but it took 5 minutes to prep and everyone gobbled it up. That's a keeper.
g

No comments: