Friday, May 20, 2011

Delicious Cold Beverage for A Sunny Seattle Afternoon

.
The other day I made my way to Healeo to try the real coconut almond date smoothie. While my version was good, I had no idea what it was supposed to taste like so I died when I tried the real deal. It was maybe the best smoothie I've ever had. Healeo's version is like a milkshake disguised as a smoothie. I sucked down every last drop and made my way back there yesterday for round two. To justify the $6+ smoothie addiction I am about to embark on, we'll just call it "research" so I can figure out how to re-create it at home to the right consistency. First order of business - maybe try coconut milk (from the refrigerated section) instead of coconut water??? . Already bought it. Stay tuned.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already made your smoothie 3 times! Now I'm curious what it's 'suppose' to taste like too! But since I don't have (nor know what is) Heleo.... I will wait for your post :) Yay for Vitamix! :)

Ronni

Anonymous said...

Speaking of a milkshake fake-out, the "Wonka" at Thrive has been my saviour on a new gluten/dairy/sugar/fun-free diet that my naturopath is making me do. Check it out.