Monday, May 9, 2011

Stiff Competition: Honore Artisan Bakery

;

I finally made it to Honore Artisan Bakery in Ballard and have been dreaming about it ever since. We loaded up on goodies and worked our way through them...

plain croissants
chocolate croissant
ham & cheese croissant
strawberry danish
raspberry tart

Everything was so delicious that it's hard to say any one thing was better than the others. If I had to choose though, I'm a sucker for a strawberry danish. I'm also wild for the strawberry danish at Cafe Besalu just a mile or so from Honore. What's a girl to do now with two amazing bakeries competing for my heart? Alternate I guess?

Interesting article from The Seattle Times where Honore takes first prize for Seattle's best croissant. Go get 'em Seattle! And grab a raspberry tart to go. It was a perfect dessert that night, although next time I'd buy two since we were like hawks fighting for every last crumb.
.

No comments: