Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Les Tartines




Ever since I had les tartines at Le Pichet, I've been really into making them at home for lunch. They take two minutes to make and you feel like you're picnicking in Paris. This recipe with Dijon and prosciutto is my favorite, but the butter and chevre is also delicious.

I've been buying the Pain du George from Essential Bakery. It is sold at the bakery, Delaurenti, PCC, and other grocery stores. Any fresh country bread will do though.

With Prosciutto

Country bread
Prosciutto (I like the Italian Prosciutto di Parma from Delaurenti)
Good quality Dijon
Cornichons

Spread dijon over piece of bread and top with prosciutto. Serve open-faced with cornichons on the side.


With Chevre

Country bread
Butter
Fresh chevre (I like the basil flavored one from Delaurenti)
Cornichons

Spread bread first with butter, then with chevre. Serve open-faced with cornichons on the side.

No comments: