Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Grab & Go Emergency Bag


The 6 P's quote is a good segway to the Grab & Go Bag. I like to feel prepared. I have a fire ladder underneath my bed, because we had one growing up. I have a Red Cross emergency backpack, water, and enough food to feed all of Seattle for a few days weeks should there be a major emergency. And I just learned about a Grab & Go bag in case of a fire. It's a great place to store your passports, birth certificates, social security cards and some cash. Throw it in a ziploc and shove it somewhere hidden but easy to access. This also makes it really easy when you need these items for travel, kids sports, etc. If you're anything like me, you forget the "safe place" you filed these important documents away. Problem no more!

1 comment:

Tracy R said...

We have a "grab and go" bag in a fireproof box. It sounds paranoid, but last year we had to evacuate our home and it was great to have our most important documents together and safe.

You can buy small fireproof boxes at Home Depot, etc.